2015 Sponsorship Opportunities
The Little River Watershed Association is the only organized voice for the Little River. We need your help! The LRWA is a Blount County non-profit which works to foster stewardship and conservation of the Little River and its watershed. We need people like you, who care about our water source, to help us sustain our forward momentum.
Several of our 2014 accomplishments include:
- National Adopt-A-Stream Program: Maintained 6.5 miles and removed over 6500 lbs. of trash from our river corridors with the help of volunteers.
- Little River Blueway Map: Developed a recreational map to bring attention to the natural and cultural features of the river to encourage stewardship and conservation while enjoying the Little River.
- Stream School for Kids: Hands-on fun in the river for kids and adults – So popular, we had a wait-list!
We are asking for sponsorship to allow us to continue these highly-visible events. 2015 sponsorship opportunities are available for:
- Spring Stream Cleaning, April 25th: Our annual cleanup and volunteer appreciation event aimed to raise awareness about the importance of clean and safe drinking water, greenways, and blueways.
- Stream School for Kids, June 6thand August 22nd: Stream School introduces stream science to kids and their parents as they play in the river. The program incorporates environmental, chemical, and aquatic sciences, and stream flow mathematics.
- Ride for the River, June 13th: In partnership with Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson and The Shed, motorcyclists enjoy a ride on scenic country roads, demonstrations from fisheries resources, and presentations from Park Rangers and historians. It includes an evening of music at The Shed.
New in 2015, 10,000 copies of the first edition Little River Blueway Map. This map is a resource guide for enjoying the beauty and diversity of the Little River. LRWA needs sponsors for printing the map, and will also make it available online.
Let us help you advertise! Please consider a business donation or sponsorship. Please see the next page for ways to contribute. Thank you in advance for your consideration.